A Company on a Mission
as a force for good.™
Just as important as why we do business is how we do business. We believe that we can more powerfully change the world for the better when our efforts are combined with those of like-minded companies. In 2013, Wallaroo Hat Company proudly joined a growing global community of 2,100 companies to become a Certified B Corporation®. We invested significant effort in improving our organization to meet nonprofit B Lab’s rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Wallaroo Hat Company has donated to many organizations over the years and is pleased to have started a 1% donation program in 2008 specifically targeted to help in the elimination of skin cancer.
Each year, we will donate 1% of our profits to skin cancer
research, education and prevention in the United States.
This year, Wallaroo donated to The Skin Cancer Foundation (read more about them here), which is the only international organization devoted solely to combating melanoma, the world’s most common cancer now occurring at epidemic levels. Through working side-by-side with The Skin Cancer Foundation, we can truly start to emphasize the awareness in our community.
In 2012, 1% of profits were donated to the SHADE Foundation, which provides free, sun-safe indoor activities for children during the summer months. During the past ten years, SHADE foundation has made possible 155 shade structures to schools, community parks, and other non-profit institutions. Together, Wallaroo Hat Company and the SHADE Foundation share the mission to eradicate melanoma through education of children and the community and to promote the detection of skin cancer and sun safety. More than a million new cases of skin cancer are diagnosed in the US every year.
Additional donation recipients are listed below:
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief
- Adaptive Sports Center
- The Breast Cancer Fund
- Boulder Flatirons Rotary Club
- Boulder Valley Public Schools
- Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center
- Children’s Hospital Denver
- Colorado Melanoma Foundation
- Commerce Children’s Center
- Global Education Fund
- Hanuman Festival
- Humane Society of Boulder Valley
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- Impact on Education
- Jaipur Literature Festival
- Lead with Love Foundation
- Melanoma Research Foundation
- MESA, Moving to End Sexual Assault
- Miles for Melanoma
- Rocky Mountain Team Survivors
- Rocky Mountain PBS, Channel 6 Shade Foundation
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Tebo Cancer Center
- UVA Skin Cancer Screening
- Dermatology Education
- The White Isle Foundation
- Women’s Wilderness Institute