What Information We Collect
When you use the Website, we will collect certain Information from you. “Information” means personal data that can be used to distinguish or trace your identity, either alone or when combined with other information that is linked or linkable to you.
Information you provide directly. You are not required to provide information about yourself in order to visit the Website. However, if you register for an account or purchase an item through the Website, you will need to provide personal information, which may include:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcodes, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Information collected automatically. As you use the Website, we may also collect or obtain certain Information automatically, which may include:
- Browser type and operating system;
- Email and/or Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Sites visited before or after visiting the Website;
- The date and time of your visits
- Web pages and advertisements you viewed or clicked on within the Website;
- Unique identifiers for your device, operating system and mobile network such as carrier name and application version number;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect. See the List of Cookies we collect section for more information on this collection of Information;
- Information about your interactions with email messages;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information related to the products you order or view.
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the Information to maintain and improve our products and services;
- We may use the Information to add to our knowledge base about our customers in order to develop new products;
- When you register for an account or purchase an item from the Website, you have the ability to consent to receiving promotional emails. With your consent, we periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you provided. You can opt out of these emails by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each email, or by notifying us of your desire by emailing us at the email address below;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests; and
- We may also use your data as necessary (i) to perform upon a contract or provide the products or services you requested, (ii) to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to, (iii) where such use is necessary to protect your interests or the interests of others; (iv) to perform a task that is necessary in the public interest; or (v) for other legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party.
Security (Privacy By Design)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will collect, store and process your Information only as necessary to provide the products and services requested. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may use servers around the world, and your Information may be processed outside the country you are located. While data protection laws vary among countries, we will apply the same protections described in this policy regardless of where the processing occurs.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve the Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages and/or products you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We do not use tracking cookies. You can choose to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You may have the following rights concerning your personal Information:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You have the right to access your Information at any time, and to request details on how your Information is being used and for what purpose pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679;
- You have the right to data portability. This means you have the right to receive a copy of your Information, free of charge, in a structures, commonly used format if you would like to back it up or use it for another service with a third party;
- You also have the right be forgotten and to request that we delete all or any portion of your Information by contacting us at the address provided below. In some cases, we may need to retain your Information for a limited period when it is necessary for a legitimate business or legal purpose;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- You have a right to manage, review and update your information. We strive to ensure your information is accurate. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address or email below.
Privacy Protections for Children
Website is intended for adults age 18 or older. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Website or create an account without parental consent. The Company does not knowingly collect or process the personal data of children under the age of 18.
Wallaroo Hat Company
3155 Sterling Circle
Boulder, Colorado 80301